The Pros and Cons of Episerver Marketing Automation
As your organization grows, it’s essential to have marketing automation in place to send relevant and personalized messages to all of your customers and prospects at the right time. It’s time-consuming, even impossible, to do all of that manually. But when 72% of consumers say they will only engage with personalized marketing messages, as a recent study showed, then businesses need to sit up and make the investment. The Episerver Intelligent Campaigns suite is an omnichannel marketing automation tool that helps increase engagement with your customers instead of sending them annoying spammy emails.
What Is Episerver Intelligent Campaigns?
The full Episerver Intelligent Campaigns suite is a part of the Episerver Platform. It comprises of Episerver Campaign, Episerver Reach and Episerver Insight. Overall, this suite can create automated campaigns across all channels, track and analyze user behavior such as visits, clicks, email activities, purchases, and so on to give insights about customers, leads or specific segments and personalize content in real time.
• Episerver Insight provides stored lead, user and customer information so you can create effective segments and personalized content
• Episerver Reach allows you to reach your leads and users through different channels, based on their interests, purchases and online behaviors
• Episerver Campaign is the marketing automation tool that lets you target leads/users through ads, emails, content marketing, print ads, social media, and more. It aims to help you maximize revenues and provide the best possible user experience
Features of Episerver Intelligent Campaigns
The Episerver Intelligent Campaigns suite allows you to create, automate, and personalize marketing campaigns across all channels (web, mobile, email, text, etc.), based on real-time behaviors. Some of its features include:
- A/B Testing
- Omnichannel marketing automation
- Campaign Management
- Blast and Triggered campaigns
- Reporting dashboards
Here are some examples of automated campaigns supported by Episerver:
- Welcome series: a multi-stage campaign that introduces new subscribers to the brand and collects their personal information, interests and preferences to send them the right offer and turn them into new customers.
- Triggered emails: a triggered campaign can nurture leads and existing customers at the right time. Episerver Campaign can send out automatic emails triggered by a specific event that you’ve set up. For example, if a lead filled out a form or downloaded a case study, they will get a message immediately instead of having to wait for a member of your team to contact them. The nurturing campaign will move the lead through a defined journey to turn them into a hot lead.
- Product recommendation campaigns: Cross-selling and up-selling are highly valuable for most companies. You can now implement follow-up purchase encouragement easily and automatically via integration and analytics in Episerver Campaign.
- Abandoned Cart campaign: you can send automatic abandoned cart emails with product recommendations and other buying incentives to potential customers.
- Reactivation: this type of campaign is good to reduce customer inactivity and withdrawal. Your organization can now investigate why customers become inactive, and offer them incentives to engage with your business again.
The Pros & Cons of Episerver Campaign Marketing Automation Software
- It integrates all data such as emails, website actions or purchase behaviors to deliver a relevant, personalized message to better nurture leads and increase sales
- It’s easy to set up and has a straightforward user interface
- It integrates well with many other platforms
- It has a well-documented API
- If you’re using Episerver CMS, this marketing automation tool would obviously integrate well to create a consistent customer experience
- It’s one of the few platforms that is ISO 27001 certified, meaning it boasts strong security and privacy (ISO/IEC 27001 is the best-known standard providing certificates to those that pass its audit and meet its information security management requirements)
- Because Episerver Campaign is fully compliant, it has high email deliverability
- No pre-set lead scoring functionality – can be bought as an add-on
- It doesn’t come with a CRM system
- It’s not as popular as some of the alternative marketing automation tools such as Hubspot, Marketo, MailChimp, Eloqua, and Pardot. Therefore, you may not hear about it as often nor read lots of its reviews online. Episerver Intelligent Campaigns is relatively new. Thus there aren’t as many people trained to use it, even though the tool is quite intuitive and easy to use.
Marketing automation isn’t just hype. with technology, your marketing department can now automate many repetitive tasks easily and build better relationships with your consumers and leads. You can now reach them just in time – when they need your help the most! In a world of constant distraction and overwhelming communications, sending a relevant message at the right time shows your customers how much you care about them as individuals. Therefore, you will be more likely to catch their attention. Episerver Intelligent Campaigns is an excellent marketing automation software choice to help you generate new leads, nurture existing customers and grow your business!