Google is sunsetting its Optimize tool this year, so it’s time to act. Optimizely’s Web Experimentation platform is the industry leading product in the experimentation space and if you act quickly, you can take advantage of an additional discount to help you make the switch from Google.
What is Google Optimize and Optimize 360?
Google Optimize is Google’s free analytics and testing tool that allows digital marketers to run A/B and multivariate tests for better conversion rates and overall visitor satisfaction. Optimize 360 is the paid version of the tool that offers additional features and capabilities. Both tools are widely used by businesses of all sizes across the globe.
When and why is Google Optimize shutting down?
Time is ticking. Google recently announced Google Optimize and Optimize 360 are shutting down on September 30, 2023. Your experiments and personalization implemented via these tools will not be active after that date.
With Google announcing a transition from UA to GA4 last year, the giant said it is making this move to enhance user experiences. As Optimize is natively integrated with GA, Google is investing in third-party A/B testing integrations for its new analytics platform. The long-standing product, according to Google, doesn’t have many features and services that customers request and need for experimentation testing.
This also means you won’t be able to access your historical raw data after September of this year. Therefore, you’re encouraged to download your historical data from within the Google Optimize user interface before the sunset date.
What solution is being offered in place of Google Optimize and Optimize 360?
Optimize will remain available until September 2023, meaning you have less than 6 months to download your historical data and switch to another experimentation platform.
Recommended by Google, the Optimizely Web Experimentation platform is well known for advanced A/B and multivariate tests with full-stack testing omnichannel options. This tool favors businesses with mobile app testing needs and tests that require personalization.
To help you deal with the Google Optimize shutdown and make your switch to the Optimizely platform as smooth as possible, Niteco can even unlock a special discount for Optimize users looking to migrate to the Optimizely platform before September.
What are the benefits of Optimizely Web Experimentation?
As a best-in-class digital experimentation platform, Optimizely is trusted by many of the world’s leading brands, and Niteco’s Optimizely-certified Experimentation Strategists know it like the backs of their hands. Here are some of the benefits the Optimizely Web Experimentation platform can offer:
- Web experimentation with a wide range of features: From personalized experiences, targeted messages and recommendations to mobile app personalization and tracking. Every type of experiment you’re seeking and more is available in Optimize Web Experimentation. While Google Optimize only uses firebase for their mobile app personalization, Optimizely offers full-stack support so users can experiment on both web and mobile platforms.
- Reliable and accurate: Optimizely uses Stats Engine, which provides real-time statistics to deliver accurate results faster while allowing you to check your results at any time. Developed by leaders in statistical research at Stanford University, users can gain accelerated speed and greater scale of experimentation while also improving the accuracy of results with Stats Engine.
- Performance and scale: Optimizely Web Experimentation enables you to run experiments simultaneously in several places, either with Optimizely Visual Editor or server-side. Optimizely Visual Editor allows you to quickly load your website and lets you adjust the visitor experience for your experiment however you like.
- Powerful integrations: Optimizely seamlessly integrates with all your Google products such as GA4 and Google Ads. So you don’t have to worry about cross-app integrations.
- Easy implementation: With a single update, you can replace Google Optimize with Optimizely Web Experimentation. This experimentation platform allows marketers and developers to test and experiment across all touchpoints in the customer journey.
While Google Optimize and Optimize 360 have been great tools for businesses of all sizes, the tools are no longer being updated. Therefore, it’s important for digital marketers and webmasters to download their historical data as well as find Google Optimize alternatives before the sunset date.
Don’t panic! We’re here to help. Niteco can answer your questions and help you to make a smooth, seamless switch to Optimizely Web Experimentation. But don’t delay, send us a message today!
Niteco is a global end-to-end digital agency that can support your digital transformation with consultancy, marketing, design and application management services in addition to its world-class website and eCommerce development capabilities. With 120 Optimizely certified developers and 91 Optimizely Commerce certified developers, Niteco has worked with brands across the world including Electrolux, AEG, Heineken and Panasonic.